Criss Library is extending hours for prep and finals week this semester. "We are pleased to offer students this additional time", said Dave Richards, Dean of Library Services. The library will stay open until 1:00am Monday-Thursday during prep week, and Sunday-Thursday during finals week to allow UNO students additional research and study hours.
Extended hours dates are:
- Monday-Thursday, April 25-28: 7:00am-1:00am
- Sunday, May 1: Noon-1:00am
- Monday-Wednesday, May 2-4: 7:00am-1:00am
The latest issue of the newsletter,Criss Chronicles, is now available!
The Criss Library's Creative Production Lab is now offering "mini" 3D Printing. Using our new SLA resin printer, watch your small 3D models print at a higher level of detail.
Resin printing costs $.20/mL, while standard plastic printing is still just $.15/gram.
Stop by to see how you can get printing, or go to the 3D Printing Page.
On display on the first floor of Criss Library is the new exhibit, "The Architectural Studies of H. A. Raapke," featuring works produced during H. A. Raapke's student years, circa 1899-1907. Many of these drawings were part of his coursework for two schools in Paris: Altier Préparatoire D'Architecture and École Nationale des Beaux-Arts.
Sixteen of Raapke's original drawings are on display in the windows of the Archives and Special Collections area of Criss Library. The exhibit will run through the end of April 2016. All 59 extant drawings in the library's collection may be viewed in the Criss Library Online Exhibit space at http://unomaha.omeka.net/exhibits/show/raapke.
On display in Archives and Special Collections at Criss Library is Charles Timothy Hagel: A Life in Photographs, a biographical exhibit spanning the life of U.S. Secretary of Defense and U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel. A more in-depth version of the exhibit with some different photographs can be viewed online at: http://hagel.omeka.net/exhibits/show/chuckhagelbiography.
This exhibit coincides with the opening of the first portion of the U.S. Senator Chuck Hagel Archives to the community. Researchers may now browse and search inventories of Hagel Photographs, Artifacts, Grant Files, and Schedules in the Archives and Speical Collections database at http://unomaha-public.lyrasistechnology.org/repositories/4/resources/508.
Scheduling Library Tours, Instruction, & Reserving Lab Space
Library Instruction Labs are located on the first (rooms 107 and 112) and second (rooms 231 and 232) floors of the library. The Instruction Labs are used for Information Literacy and other Library-related Instruction as well as public lab space for library users.
- Reservations for library instruction may be made via the online form or by contacting Jon Minkner at 402-554-3003.
- Two weeks notice is desired to reserve either classroom for library instruction classes.
- Library tours are ideal for students new to UNO and anyone interested in learning more about the Library. All tours begin at the Main Service Desk, located on the second floor. Tours are available by appointment, please inquire at one of our Service Desks (402) 554-2661, (402) 554-3206 or via Ask-A-Librarian.