Top Databases for “Find Articles”
List of the of the library’s most popular and widely-used databases.
- Web of Knowledge/Web of Science premier research platform for information in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities.
- Academic Search Complete contains indexing and abstracts for more than 8,300 journals, with full text for more than 4,500 of those titles. PDF backfiles to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- LexisNexis Academic provides access to over 6,000 full-text news, business, and legal publications, using a variety of flexible search options. Use this database for full-text of the New York Times and other major U.S. newspapers.
- JSTOR provides access to back issues of selected scholarly journals in a variety of academic disciplines including the arts, business, demographic studies, humanities, social sciences, and science from the first issue to 3 years of current publication. New issues of existing titles and new titles are added on an ongoing basis.
- CQ Researcher is your complete source for in-depth, analytical reporting on the most current and controversial issues of the day.
- Business Source Complete provides full text back to 1965, for more than 2,300 journals and searchable cited references back as far as 1998 in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, MIS, POM, accounting, finance and economics. Additional full text, non-journal content includes market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
- ERIC (ProQuest) The Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) extends ready access to over 1,262,042 records spanning from 1966 to present with coverage of journal articles, conferences, meetings, government documents, theses, dissertations, reports, audiovisual media, bibliographies, directories, books and monographs.
- MLA International Bibliography This database from the Modern Language Association offers a detailed bibliography of journal articles, books and dissertations dating back to the 1920s and contains over 1.8 million citations from more than 4,400 journals & series, and 1,000 book publishers.
- PsycINFO psychology database contains over 2.5 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the early 1800s. The database also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law and others. Journal coverage, which spans from 1887 to present, includes international material selected from more than 2,200 periodicals in more than 27 languages.
- Wilson Omni Full-Text Select presents electronic access to full text articles, page images, article abstracts, and citations from over 4,000 journals on virtually any subject. Coverage back as early as 1982 ensures that every search is as deep as it is broad.
- Wiley Online Library contains scholarly, full-text articles in a vast range of subjects from Art and Architecture to Chemistry and Physical Sciences, Computer Science, Law and Social Sciences.
- America’s News contains the texts of articles from 1,400 local, regional, and national U.S. news sources, including the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star.
- Literati is an online platform that combines reliable, citable reference content with Criss Library research databases.
Systematic downloading of large amounts of material in a short period of time (such as all abstracts and/or full text articles from entire journal issues) is strictly prohibited by publishers. Failure by patrons to comply with this restriction may result in the loss of access by all users to a particular resource.